Small Business & Home Computer
Fortuneswell, PORTLAND Dorset
KWilkie Computer Services
Online Surveillance systems
Reseller & Installer
Terms and Conditions
Standard Terms and Conditions – Computer Repairs
In these terms and conditions, references to “we” and “us” are to KWILKIE COMPUTER SERVICES. By using services provided by KWILKIE COMPUTER SERVICES, you are entering into a contract with us. The terms below set out our obligations to you and what you are agreeing to.
COMPUTER REPAIR SERVICE
IMPORTANT: You are responsible for ensuring that you have backed up all data on your computer before we access your system. We will not be responsible for any loss of data, pictures, information or programs on your computer.
If you have not made any backups of your data then we can do this for you. Please contact us as soon as possible to arrange for your data to be backed up before we start work on your computer. Please note, mechanical failure of your hard disk or other components inside your computer can occur without warning during our intensive diagnostics. Virus and malware infections can also damage your data and could lead to unpredictable problems and could result in data loss.
For some jobs, we may need to re-
Some issues are not able to be resolved on-
If you book an on-
(a) Full access to the equipment being repaired. (b) Electricity mains power & Lighting (c) Your agreement to follow our reasonable instructions
Your computer system should have a valid Windows operating systems or Apple OS X operating system installed. If you have not, we will need to purchase and install a retail version of the relevant operating system for your computer. Additional costs and time will be involved. We are unable to work on unlicensed operating systems.
Although we do not have specific knowledge of your computer configuration we will attempt to minimise disruption to your system as much as we can but we cannot be responsible for any unforeseen issues that may arise from any of our services.
Please note that if your computer system or equipment is under manufacturer warranty, our services may affect manufacturer warranty validity. It is your responsibility to assess the effect of our services on any manufacturer’s warranty.
We cannot be held responsible or liable to any service performed for you regarding any loss data, data corruption, loss of images, documents or information, any financial loss, or loss and interruption to business or contracts, any failure by you to follow our reasonable recommendations or instructions, any losses or issues you may suffer due to your use of (or failure to use) any anti-
It can take many hours to fully diagnose your computer. This is a free service we offer to all our residential customers on condition that we repair your device while your device remains on our premises. If you decide to not go ahead with the repair, a nominal diagnostics charge of £20 will be applied or if your device is beyond economical repair we are happy to recycle your device in lieu of our nominal diagnostics fee.
Business / Trade Customers will be charged £20 + diagnostics charge.
Repair / Service cancellations
It can take many hours to fully diagnose and repair your computer and often we need to purchase parts that are required for your repair. If at any time you decide to cancel the repair you will be liable to make payment of any parts ordered for your repair and a calculation of the cost of labour to the maximum of the agreed quoted cost of repair will be charged. We will not release any item back to you until payment in full is received.
Collection and Delivery Service
We will always aim to collect and/ or deliver your device at the time and day confirmed with you.
There will be charge of £10 for all MISSED or REFUSED collections or deliveries
Repair and Diagnostics times
Although we aim to get your device repaired / diagnosed as quickly as possible, the service can sometimes take longer than anticipated. We normally aim to diagnose and repair within 3-
During the booking in of your computer we will ask you for certain details which we require to perform the service. This includes your name, address, phone numbers and email address. We may also require your administrator password to access your computer to complete our service.
We may record or keep a detailed note of these details along with any conversations you have with our engineers for records purposes. Any records we keep about you or your data / device, falls under our Data protection Guarantee.
Payment, Charges and Abandoned Goods
1. You will be issued an invoice on completion of any work carried out. We have the right to withhold your device until full payment of an invoice has been made.
2. If payment is not made within 30 days of the Invoice due date, we reserve the right to 1) suspend or cancel the service, and 2) add a £40.00 late payment fee to your account.
3. In the event the Invoice is still outstanding after 90 days past the due date, we will also add class the device as ‘Abandoned’ and under the Torts (Interference With Goods) Act 1977, reserve the right to dispose of said device to recover payment of the Invoice.
4. If the sale of your device still does not cover the outstanding debt, we will then also start legal proceedings to recover the outstanding debt and/or forward the debt to an external agency for collection and you will also be liable for any fees or costs associated with these actions.
Our liability to you
We have no liability (whether in negligence or otherwise) for any indirect or consequential loss, nor for any loss of opportunity, goodwill, reputation, business, revenue, profit, or savings you expected to make, wasted expenditure or data (including but not limited to emails) being lost or corrupted.
Changes to this contract
We may change this contract, including our charges, at any time. Any changes, will be published on our website, and we will notify you of these changes via email. Your continued use of the service constitutes acceptance of these changes. You can end this contract by giving us seven days notice if we increase our charges or change the conditions of this contract to your detriment.
1. Any notice under this contract must be given in writing which may include by email
2. You are responsible for checking the mail sent to the email address provided by you as part of the service.
Waiver of rights
Neither of us shall be considered to have waived any right under this contract because of failure or delay in exercising that right.
Third party rights
A person who is not a party to this contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this contract but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
The law relating to this contract
English Law governs this contract and we both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
1. We are not a VAT registered company.
2. Quotes are valid for 7 days.
3. When a quote has been accepted and a developed project approved by the client the invoice must be paid within 14 days of the website going live.
4. We reserve the right to refuse to construct a website that we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
5. The acceptance of a quote either verbally, in writing or by email shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and us.
6. At project acceptance we can provide an estimated completion date, however we cannot guarantee this date as a final completion date.
7. Once a project has commenced it will be completed using the information, data, text and images provided at project commencement or during the design phase. Once the design process has been completed the project will be presented to the client who may make any changes to design and content he/she wishes.
8. All material, both text and images supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client’s web site, will remain the client’s property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
9. All content should be supplied using Microsoft Word / Excel / Adobe PDF / Serif Page Plus, Jpegs, print to be scanned or over email or on paper handwritten.
Data protection act
We categorically promise we will NOT knowingly divulge or sell any information you may supply to us in confidence to any 3rd party source
|Virus, Malware & Spyware Removal|
|Repairs & Upgrades|
|SILVER SURFER CLUB Discounts|
|SCOUT ASSOCIATION Membership Discounts|
|Cloudview Security Systems|
|Hardware and Software Upgrades|
|DR and Data Backup|
|Why have a website?|
|How do I get Started?|
|7 Deadly Sins of website design|